Change of language, change of content

From now on this blog is about my adventures in bioinformatics and in the use of open source software:
The code is bash, perl, R -especially sweave/noweb-, LaTeX and my lovely, beastly OS editor`s (Gnu-Emacs) elisp.

I will publish code snippets and short comments in English language. You con read about the same and my other more biology focussed interests in German on Alles was lebt.

Sonntag, 18. Januar 2009

God is good, God is great, God's a big invertebrate!

Etwas lustiges zum Start ins neue Jahr. Die inoffizielle Hymne des Sequenzier-Service der University of Edinburgh von der Irish-Folk-Band "Boiled in Lead".

"Dive in the Genepool down you swim"

Vergesst einfach das Video, auf den Text kommt es an, den gibt es auch nochmal zum nachlesen:


In April when your barge sailed through
I fell in love with you
Alas my paramour alack
A stranger to me 'til the test comes back

Chorus:
Oh the micro-organism
Oh the micro-organism

Dive in the gene pool down you swim
Down to where the light grows thin
Flail little fishies flail if you can
But avoid the micro-organism man

Chorus

Caffeine sugar and THC
Is all that the doctors are gonna find in me
When they do the autopsy
The micro-organism won't get me

Chorus

God is good and God is great
God's a big invertebrate
God made the river change its route
But he won't pull the micro-organism out

Chorus

The cowslips bloom and the bluebells too
Here's advice I'll give to you
Rattle your sword before you strike
And never kiss anyone you like

Chorus


Keine Kommentare: